NEW FRIENDS SOCIAL GROUP: ages 10 -13
- This group is designed for kids in grades 4-6 who struggle socially. Kids who can benefit from this group are those with solid language skills who have difficulty picking up on social cues such as facial expression and body language and those who have difficulty listening/focusing or working in a group.
- A fun, interactive and dynamic social group that blends positive psychology practices with the Social Thinking Methodology to help kids improve upon their self-image, identify their strengths and challenges, and develop their personal toolbox of strategies to increase their confidence and be able to successfully navigate the social world. We are partnering with our friends at Successfully Social New England for this NEW group.
Areas of focus for this group will include:
- Tools for Self-regulation
- Strategies for shifting thoughts and managing emotions
- Tips for social problem solving
- How to read and identify the thoughts and feelings of others
- Deciphering the hidden rules/expectations for a given situation
- Group meets virtually September -May, bimonthly on Wednesdays from 4:00pm - 4:45pm
- YOU MUST Live in the MetroWest region of Massachusetts, as defined by DDS.
- All participants must have DDS Eligibility/ Be deemed eligible for DDS services under the Division of Autism. If you are unsure of your child's eligibility email Autism Alliance.